For existing projects:
- Open Matlab.
- Navigate to the directory holding the Matlab project, and open the project file (going by the extension “.prj”).
- The “Deployment Tool” (which can be opened by typing “deploytool” in the prompt) will be opened.
- If you are updating files, drag the Matlab files off the “Classes” list and drag the Matlab files onto the “Classes” list.
- Click on :
- “Build” icon to make a “Jar” file of the compiled Matlab files or
- “Package” icon to make a self extracting executable of the Jar file, Javadoc files and a readme file.
For new projects:
- Enter “deploytool” into the command window
- Enter a name for the project, a folder and the target should be “Java Package”.
- Drag Matlab “.m” files that should be accessible to outside classes by dragging them as “Classes”. Private functions can be dragged under “Shared Resources and Helper Files”.
- And you can click on either Build or Package by the above steps.
Note the Matlab Compiler Runtime is required to run these packages. More information is available here: http://www.mathworks.com.au/products/compiler/mcr/index.html.